MENDON FIRE DISTRICT MINUTES
January 10, 2019

Chairman R. Wilsey called the meeting to order at 19:02 Hrs.

Attending: Art Morrell, Dan Considine, John Shipe, S.Shuler Ryan Wilsey, Secretary John McGinnis, William Fletcher, Treasurer Heidi Baumer, Peter Kester, David Ackerman, David Friedlander, Lance Marchese

Absent: None

Public Comment:
-No public comment.

New Member Introduction: Arthur Torrey was introduced to the Mendon Fire District.

Calendar and Request for Meeting Room:
-2/2/2019 request by J.Rosenshein and S.Shuler for “Ground Hog Day” Festivities from 15:00 to 21:00. Motion to approve by R.Wilsey, 2nd by J.Shipe. Approved 5-0.

Board of Directors:
-Richard Joint is now a member of the Board of Directors.
-The Department is currently revising its by-laws and, when completed, will work with the district to ensure that District rules and Department rules are in sync with one another.

Chiefs Report:
-YTD Calls: 9 Apparatus Damage: 1 Injuries: 0
-365 was involved in a very minor MVA on 12/19/2018.
-The Department wants to work with the District to secure 44 SCBA bottles from the Bushnell’s Basin FD. Maximum cost to the District would be $4400.00. The District is in favor of the Department pursuing this objective.
-The Chief would like permission to have radios reprogrammed for $420.00. Motion to approve by R.Wilsey, 2nd by S.Shuler. Approved 5-0.
-The Chief sought permission to make 3 member reservations for the FDIC Meeting. Motion to approve by R.Wilsey, 2nd by J.Shipe. Approved 5-0.

Minutes:
-R.Wilsey made a motion to approve the December Meeting minutes, 2nd by S.Shuler. Motion unanimously approved 5-0.

Treasurers Report:
-The annual audit is scheduled for 1/24/2019.

Correspondence:
-Nothing to report.

Committee reports
Building & Grounds:
-The work on the lift is finishing up.
-The paint for the basement is on hand.
-L.Kaplan will do the basement electrical work.
-Work on the window wells is proceeding.

Apparatus:
-Recall work is being done on 367 and the Chief’s vehicle.
-A.Morrell requested insurance information for 367, Chief’s Vehicle, and the Explorer.

Information and Technology:
-Camera project should be done by the end of January.
-R.Wilsey is working on replacement for tablets.
-Website will be up in about 2 weeks.

Personnel:
-Dales Report: R.Wilsey made a motion to approve Dale’s report, 2nd by
S.Shuler. Approved 5-0
-Leadership: Strategic Planning Meeting Tuesday, 1/15/2019.
-Health and Wellness: Insurance Rosters Updated.

Capital Projects/Special Projects:
-Nothing to report.

Old Business:
-Nothing to report.

New Business:
-J.Shipe made a motion to spend $1680.00 for IAFC membership dues, 2nd by R.Wilsey. Motion approved 5-0.

Attachments:
-The following hard copy items are attached to the District hard copy of the minutes:
1)Dale’s Report
2)Purchase Request Tracking form.
3)January 2019 Budget Update.

Adjournment: A motion to adjourn was made by R.Wilsey, 2nd by S.Shuler at 20:05 Hrs. Approved Unanimously 5-0, meeting adjourned.

Respectfully Submitted,
John M. McGinnis
Secretary
Mendon Fire District

*The intent of public comment time is to allow a non-commission member to comment on any topic. The commenter may not receive an answer to their question or a response to their comment, as the board may need to research a subject or confer with counsel on the topic prior to giving a response. The time allotted for each person commenting is limited to three (3) minutes.

2019-09-10T11:25:52-05:00